Just joined the weekly meme on The Broke and the Bookish – every Tuesday I’ll be making a different “Top Ten” list 🙂 Sounds fun.
So to the point (just to be sure – those are the books I think at this point of my life – I’ll most likely not read. But I also know “never to say never” so I had to soften the title just a touch 😉 ):
1. J.K. Rowling “Harry Potter” series. Sorry – not interested. Maybe if I were 15 years younger?
2. E.L. James “Fifty Shades of Grey” – and probably most of the heavy erotica stuff. Not my way of looking at love and relationship.
3. S. Meyer “Twilight” series. Add any other vampire/zombie/werewolf type of books. I chose not to believe such exist, and I’m sticking to it 😛
4. S. King – whatever he wrote. Although here I just want to say I MIGHT try one one day, when I’ll… grow up? 😛
5. Any overly-romantic-type of stuff. The ones that I usually (and hope not to hurt anyone’s feelings) call “tremor-like”. You know, where she sees him and trembles from feet to the top of her head, and he can feel the same tremble from the top of his head to the bottom of his soles? Yeah. Sorry. I know that can be fun… And I read the fair share of those! … When I was about 16…
6. Shakespeare. Sorry, know it is classic. Beauty. And all those. And I respect it all dearly… The language is a wall that I won’t hop over here, and the translations I tried. Nope.
7. J. Flynn “Gone Girl”. Scary stuff, I am afraid of what it’d make of my head… Plus – and that is to all the thrillers and horrors – I find life to be scary enough… Do not have to seek the fright myself…
8. M. Mitchell “Gone With The Wind”. Tried. Years ago – translation in my native language, few years ago in English. Nope. Can’t do. Gave up after few pages.
9. G. G. Márquez “Love in the Time of Cholera”. And such. Nope. Not my cup of tea.
10. D. Brown “Da Vinci Code”. And other by the same author – not interested in digging a hole in a solid ground just for the fun of it 🙂