As much as I love this topic, I have to start with a disclaimer of sorts – because I am NOT some huge movie fan, it is possible one or a few of my books-candidates were (or are being) made to the movies. Oh well.
Here we go:
1. Leaving Time by Judi Picoult.
I know, I mentioned this one in a previous list. Well, so what 😉 It is a great book and I really would love to see it made into a movie (I think that would be one of the few I’d want to see actually 🙂 ). Hopefully not as a horror movie though…
2. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.
I think that’d be really fun movie 😀 (has it been done yet though? not sure right now…)
3. Geared for Grave by Duffy Brown
It’d be very nice as the beginning of a series actually – but the scenery there is so colourful! (The mystery is happening on the Mackinac Island, very tourist oriented place, where people get around by bikes, carriages or on foot 😀 )
4. Actually quite a few of my favourite cozy series would do nicely, just to name the two – Maggie Sefton’s Knitting Mystery Series and Lorna Barrett’s Booktown Mystery Series 🙂
5. Oh, and Rita Lakin’s Gladdy Gold series – that’d be a killer comedy 😀
6. Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan.
That’d make a nice movie, and I can just see my favourite female actors there, Jennifer Aniston, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting to start with, oh and Meryl Streep as the elderly mother…
7. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
Yeah, that’d be interesting…
8. Love, Anthony & Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
Though I still have to watch Still Alice…
9. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Very, very interested to see that…
10.One-Lane Bridge by Dan Krzyzkowski
Curious to see how it’d play… the scenery and characters.. Would have to be smartly transferred into a script as there is lots of nuances in there…